Mariah Carey to release new album "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" on August 25

Share:

Mariah Carey will release her 12th studio album, "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel," August 25 on Island Def Jam, the singer announced Tuesday.
Carey announced the title of her new album back in May via Twitter, writing, "Bcuz I Love U, I want u to be the first to know the title of my new album "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" Its very personal & dedicated to u."

She followed up on June 9 with an excited Tweet about the first single: "Seriously, this is one of my favorite songs ever," she wrote. "I love the whole album. I'm completely immersed in it. I can't wait for you to hear it."

Since entering the studio earlier this year, Carey has been providing regular updates about the album to her 600,000-plus followers on the microblogging site.

The album follows 2008's "E=MC2," which sold 1.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan and spawned Carey's 18th No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 ("Touch My Body"), as she surpassed Elvis Presley to claim the second-highest tally of No. 1 hits in the rock era. The Beatles are the all-time leaders with 20.

The 1st single from my new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is called 'Obsessed' and will be at radio next Tuesday," she Tweeted. "I'm a lil' exc" (the post cuts off before she continues in another Tweet). "Seriously, this is one of my favorite songs ever. I love the whole album. I'm completely immersed in it. I can't wait for you to hear it."

Last month, Carey Tweeted, "Bcuz I Love U, I want u to be the first to know the title of my new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel. It's very personal & dedicated to u."

"Sometimes it's perhaps a co-writer, which you can definitely feed off that other person's energy or where they're coming from, and go back and forth with different ideas," Carey said in a statement. "That's a process that really inspires me and that I really love."